International Simulation Limited
ESL is a powerful and flexible software tool used to simulate complex dynamic systems. It comprises the simulation language itself (ESL) and a graphical IDE – the Integrated Simulation Environment (ISE).
Simulations can be created in block diagram style in ISE or written directly in the ESL language. All stages of the simulation process are managed from the ISE environment from model creation through interactive execution to graphical results analysis.
ESL’s powerful features include a parallel processing capability; accurate discontinuity detection; model correctness checking; generation of embedded programs and much more.
ESL 8.2 is available for download in two forms - ESL-Lite and ESL-Pro:
ESL-Lite is a totally free entry-level version of ESL. It provides most of the graphical interface and language features but has the following limitations:
- The interpreter mode only is supported (ESL-Pro is required for translation to C++ or FORTRAN).
- There is a limit of 10 first-order differential equations.
ESL-Lite is intended as a demonstration version only to give a flavour of the capabilities of ESL. Never-the-less, it allows small-scale efficient simulations to be built and run using ESL in interpreter mode.
ESL-Pro is our professional version providing the full power and capabilities of ESL. It includes C++ and FORTRAN translation for the creation of large-scale fast simulations; ability to include external subroutines and functions and embedded simulation capabilities.
An ESL-Pro licence includes twelve-months technical support with an option to purchase ongoing support.
ESL-Pro is provided with a thirty-day evaluation licence, after which it will cease working. To continue using the software, contact ISIM for a licence quotation.
Major new features in 8.2.5
Windows and Linux
- Improvements to ESL Encryption. (Note, this is no longer backward compatible with the version introduced for v8.2.1.)
- Improvements to plotting including allowing more plots and more variables per plot.
- XISE program to convert ISE graphical applications to an XML format (this will allow importing ISE applications into ESL-Studio).
See the latest Revision History.